hermanson32

It keeps asking for my School EIN. On my 1098-T form, a School EIN is not listed. It will not let me continue without entering an EIN.

NicoleU

First, I would suggest logging into your school's website and see if you can locate the EIN. Second, you may also call the school and ask for the EIN.

However, you are not required to enter EIN into TurboTax if the school is not required to send a 1098-T to you. Starting in 2016, this is an exception. The program will ask you 1098-T questions and, once you indicate you don't have the form 1098-T and qualify for this exception, TurboTax will only ask for your school's address.