I have interest paid on a qualifying boat loan, but it is not reported on a 1098. How do I deduct it?

DianeW

This is considered home mortgage interest if you consider your boat a second home and the loan is secured by the boat.

• While you are logged into your TurboTax Premier account:
    • Federal Taxes tab > Deductions & Credits > Your Home > Mortgage Interest
      • Use the information for each different lender by using the "Add a lender" option, one for each lender. 

When you enter your mortgage interest you can select the box that your information does not match your Form 1098.  (use the image attached or assistance)

• The information below is confirmation.

DianeW

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing