How do I record the tuition I paid for my study abroad program when the partnership school did not provide a 1098-T?

prcender

I studied abroad this year. I received a scholarship from my state university for this program and that money was included on my 1098-T. However, the tuition was paid directly to the partnership program in France and not included on the 1098-T. I did receive credit for these classes at my state university, so I believe I can deduct the tuition from the scholarship money I received. I did not receive a 1098-T from the partnership school in France. I have the invoice (in euros) and the wire transfer support (in dollars).

KrisD

After you report the 1098-T, enter the additional tuition in the following screens, or go back to the "Here's Your Education Summary" screen and click edit next to "Other Education Expenses (for all schools)".

Keep a copy of your school account statement and payments (invoices) with your tax file.