Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8615 Error - Filing Rejected

See the responses on top.   I had to delete the form and reenter the information as suggested.

Thank you. I have read the above but does this work if I have downloaded from the CD? 
So there won’t be a fix in a couple of week per my error code?

Thank you!

PPK
Level 1

Hello Kurt.  Thank you for your reply regarding "FDI_8615Line7Box_ErrorHold".  Based on your 2 week outlook, even with having the 3/20/20 forms update for 'calculation fixes', I decided to try deleting forms and regenerating them.  This worked for me.  The kid's federal returns were accepted.

For those using the CD/Download version of TT with the 3/20 update, this is how I did it:

1- In the "View" pull down menu (upper left), select Forms Cntl+2

2x- Delete the 8615 form(s) (Delete button at bottom of screen).  TT will regenerate the form(s)....

In my case, I had 4 forms that had "8615" somewhere in the title.

3- Delete the 1040 form

(I don't know if order of delete matters, but I choose to delete forms shown in the left window, starting from the bottom one and doing the 1040 last.)   

4 - Then I switched back to Step by step view (Cntl+1) and reprocessed the returns.  I did need to

re-enter my, (Parental) name and social security # back in on one the 8615 forms.  

Then I resubmitted, and an hour or two later, the federal form was accepted.

(I am still waiting for my state form to be accepted, but assume that will come today/tomorrow...)

Hope this helps others.   Pete...

two things I did to resolve.

1)  8615 CDCG worksheet lines 8 and 15 need to be overridden with the answer, use the options for the questions to answer them.

2) 8615 L7 Worksheet (this form does get submitted to the Gov).  Line 2, was pulling the wrong number from who knows were. Refer to form 8615 to override line two from either line 4 or 1 from 8615.

I resubmitted and it WORKED!!!!

Thanks -- deleting the forms as described in another post didn't change any of the numbers for me.  I had to override the fields described here and then my return was accepted!

Hi,

How do you override the forms? As described above by previous user? It won’t allow me to make any changes manually or go through the questions again. It’s telling me to update the 1040 after March 19th and that’s been done. 
Thank you!

The suggested solution of removing the form and re-entering the information doesn't work.  There is a program error with the 8615 line 7 worksheet.  The software actually creates two different versions of the associated line 7 worksheet. One appears correct (selects the appropriate value from line 1 or line 4), the other has a value from some unknown source.  The final tax amount on line 7 of form 8615 is using the tax calculated on the worksheet with the unknown source.  Clicking on the 8615 line 7 value takes you to the worksheet that shows a completely different number.

I spent over an hour on the phone with product support.  We reinstalled the product and then they provided a link to the manual updates to ensure I have the latest software.  I was then passed to a tax professional who agreed that the value TTax is entering on one of the 8615 Line 7 worksheets (line 2) is incorrect as it doesn't match the lower of line 1 or line 4 on form 8615.

I would appreciate it if someone could get back to me with a date on when the updated software (fix) will be released.

Hi,

Did reinstalling the software not fix the problem? 
Were they able to help you fix it so it can be re efiled? I also have been on the phone with them for the past week and they haven’t been much help and they think the update that happened on 3/20 would fix it and it doesn’t. 
I am also looking for when the software update fix will happen.

Thank you.

The override is done by going to the forms view, find the form you want to update, then selecting the box on that form with the value you want to change and right clicking.  That should bring up an option allowing you to enter your own value.  The value you type is then displayed in red.  At least that's how it went for me.   I hope it helps.

I applied the 3/20 update and attempted all the suggested solutions including deleting the 8615 form and associated worksheets, deleting the 1040 form, saving, restarting TTax.  I deleted the information in the step-by-step related to interest and dividends, then deleted the forms, saved and restarted.  I tried creating a completely new return, re-entered all information and had the same result.  I removed TTax (uninstall from PC) and reinstalled from disc.  Worked with Intuit to get a link to the manual updates (184MB) and applied.  No change.  The program still creates two different 8615 line 7 worksheets that have different information.

I talked to a TTax professional and asked about overriding the erroneous value.  He didn't recommend the override as it negates any guarantee of error-less return from TTax.  He suggested waiting for a future program update since there will apparently be a filing extension for C-19.  I'm in a holding pattern, awaiting a fix.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

By overriding, you won't be able to efile but you can submit the return by mail.  If there is no other remedy, consider printing and mailing your return if you are certain you are filing correctly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was able to override 8615L and efile

nanlar
Returning Member

I have the same issue.

Trying to fix using TurboTax's confusing comments not helping. TurboTax failed big time on handling this form, very disappointed.

We need to switch to another tax SW to be able to file successfully.

My daughter also received the FDI_8615Line7Box rejection code.  She has upgraded to the latest (March 28) TurboTax version, deleted all Forms 8615, and recalculated.  The numbers on all forms are unchanged relative to the rejected version.  We don’t want to resubmit… we’re confident the return will be rejected again.

Expert KurtL1 stated, about a week ago, that a partial fix would be in place on March 20 and that a complete fix would be available “in about two weeks”.  Question to KurtL1, or other TT expert: When will that complete fix be available?  (In our specific case, when will it be available for Mac Download users?)
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Our programming department is in the process of fixing it.  The expected resolution date is 4/3/2020

@Edward99

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies