tax-problems

For 2015, my scholarship exceeds my tuition expenses by $500 (on 1098t, box 5 minus box 1). And I had no other income, was I required to file anything for 2015?

I know that the requirement for filing is $6300 for earned income and scholarship counts toward earned income. And it was like 2 years ago since I got the 1098 t form for 2015, should I do anything now or just leave it? Since that excess amount was just $500... below the requirement for filing...

Marketstar

With no other income but the $500 excess scholarship over your Qualified Educational Expenses, you are not required to file a return.

Marketstar

tax-problems

In that case, I don't need to file or turn in any forms or do anything for 2015? Am I right?
Marketstar

Correct.