turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdw05460

How can I remove double tuition entries from student worksheet? The tuition was for 14,700 and the program is showing 2 entries (even 3 entries) of $14,700.

When I have to switch to student worksheet from Tuition form, there are double entries of the tuition paid.  I jumped to the education expenses summary screen and could not find "Edit" next to the student in question as suggested in an earlier turbo tax response.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

How can I remove double tuition entries from student worksheet? The tuition was for 14,700 and the program is showing 2 entries (even 3 entries) of $14,700.

First I have included a screenshot of the worksheet to point out that the amount is entered several places. Line 1 shows the tuition amount and also what credits that amount qualifies you for, so it is repeated. This is not an error, since you may only choose one credit per student. 

To edit the 1098-T and other education information on the desktop version:

Go into step-by-step mode

Click Federal Taxes and then Deductions & Credits along the top

Click "I'll choose what I work on" 

Scroll down to under Education 

On this screen you can see the total education expenses the program has computed

Click Update if needed next to Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T) 

The next screen gives you the option to Edit (please see second screenshot)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

First I have included a screenshot of the worksheet to point out that the amount is entered several places. Line 1 shows the tuition amount and also what credits that amount qualifies you for, so it is repeated. This is not an error, since you may only choose one credit per student. 

To edit the 1098-T and other education information on the desktop version:

Go into step-by-step mode

Click Federal Taxes and then Deductions & Credits along the top

Click "I'll choose what I work on" 

Scroll down to under Education 

On this screen you can see the total education expenses the program has computed

Click Update if needed next to Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T) 

The next screen gives you the option to Edit (please see second screenshot)

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies