Solved: Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Can I claim unearned income n claim my kids

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

If you did not work and earn any income, you cannot get the earned income credit.  You only get that by WORKING and earning income.

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Made no income but own home and have to claim a child have my mom living with me also

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

This is a 2 year old thread.  But the answer is the same as it was 2 years ago.  Without income earned from working you will not be able to get any child-related credits. Owning home or having your mother living with you will not change that.

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

For tax purposes, a child is the "Qualifying Child" of any close relative he lives with. not just his parent. So, if you and your mom lives with you, you can allow  her to claim your child, instead of you.

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Can I claim unearned income

Yes you can, and you are required to do so.

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

The money you hear about people getting for just filing a tax return claiming kids requires you to  have some earned income (wages or self employment). Without earned income, you are not eligible for the "refundable" Earned Income Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit.

If you are over age 23, and are not claimed as a dependent by someone else (e.g. your parent) you may be eligible for the up to $1000 refundable American Opportunity (tuition) Credit. That credit is not dependent on having either kids or earned income. You must be at least a half time undergraduate student and actually paid tuition (not just had it paid by grants). Tuition paid by loans counts as paid by you (since you have to pay that back, someday)

Can I claim my kids if I didn't work

Can you still claim taxes on your kids of they live with you the majority of the time? I don’t have a job but I collect about 2,000 a month from my ex in child support. Other than that my Ex is responsible for most all the other expenses for the children.