turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If im only getting ed. credits does the IRS need copy of my 1098T form before it gets approved?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

If im only getting ed. credits does the IRS need copy of my 1098T form before it gets approved?

No, the IRS don't need a copy of your 1098-T form, if your e-filing your return. The IRS will contact you if they need any additional information from you. Make sure you keep a copy of it, for your records.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ModestaL

Are you e-filing your return or filing a paper return?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed efile through TT on 1/25. Accepted the same day. I bar with Tax topic 152
ModestaL

Okay, then you don't need to send the IRS anything.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok great thanks
ModestaL

You're welcome!
ModestaL

No, the IRS don't need a copy of your 1098-T form, if your e-filing your return. The IRS will contact you if they need any additional information from you. Make sure you keep a copy of it, for your records.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies