turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ashwin1

Where to report Shareholder distributions on 1120S - which line on the balance sheet?

I am trying to report that I have distributed business income to shareholders, but I need to know which line on the balance sheet (Schedule L) to report this on. 

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Where to report Shareholder distributions on 1120S - which line on the balance sheet?

Shareholder distributions reduce equity, which is a the bottom of the Balance Sheet.

In TurboTax, report distributions to shareholders under Business Info >> Member/Partner Information. Edit each member to report contributions, distributions, other adjustments, and ending capital. Your entries in this section flow to the Balance Sheet and to the individual Schedules K-1.

Note that you may not be required to include a balance sheet. Read more here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302277

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ashwin1

Thanks for the response Patricia. In my case, I need to report the balance sheet. However, I think the following may be the right recourse - to report the dividend distribution on line 16 D of schedule K. This draw from the business income from line 1 Schedule K which is line 21 on 1120S. That dividend distribution will also show up on schedule M-2 line 7 (essentially, the business income that comes to the sole owner of the LLC). Is this correct?
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, that is the correct reporting for a dividend distribution.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies