Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do you add livestock (breeder cows) as 5-yr, 150DB depreciable assets.I can get to a Z-type asset and select 5-yr class but it defaults to 200DB.

I see when I can overide 200 DB and change to 150 DB in forms view but that doesn't recalculate the deduction. I need 15% first year deduction but it will only give me 20% from the 200 DB schedule.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do you add livestock (breeder cows) as 5-yr, 150DB depreciable assets.I can get to a Z-type asset and select 5-yr class but it defaults to 200DB.

Yes, breeding stock is 5 yr, 150DB. In my TurboTax H&B, it offers an asset entry option called "construction equipment" in the farm income and expense section which is the same as breeding stock.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

If you select "other asset type", you'll be able to enter everything the way you want it. Just make sure you know what you're doing. (I assume you do) @Cattlerancher if you see this, might want to check me, as I'm assuming this is being reported on SCH F.
Carl
Level 15

Now that has a bit of humor to it. I guess breeding cows could be called construction equipment. After all, the "do" construct more cows eventually.

I see LLC as part of your forum display name.   For clarification purposes,  I see you also indicated "Business Edition"?    Is this a multimember LLC?

Thanks Cattlerancher. Entering them as construction equipment generates the 5-yr, 150DB depreciation schedule and provides the correct first-year depreciation (15%).

Yes, breeding stock is 5 yr, 150DB. In my TurboTax H&B, it offers an asset entry option called "construction equipment" in the farm income and expense section which is the same as breeding stock.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies