fawootton

Where to enter Schedule C, Line 12 for Depletion

Depletion will be an expenses in the common expenses section ONLY IF your business code you choose in the Business General Info section has depletion as a normal expense...  what business code did you pick or what type of business do you have ?

Or did you mean depreciation on line 13 ?  

fawootton

Thank you so much. That was exactly the issue - the wrong code for Crude Extraction.  The first TurboTax rep told me I had to delete my return and start over.  The second just hung up on me.  He acted like he didn't have a clue what Schedule C was.  I have been using TaxAct for past years.  switched to TurboTax because it was supposed to be easier.  Not too happy with price or support or ease of use.

Support is only really helpful with technical issues ... they are not tax preparers ... that is what this forum is better used for.