Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i enter schedule h form 1040?

Where do I enter taxes I already paid for a household employee?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Edited.  3/5/2016 1:32 PM

1. After sign-in, select Pick up where you left off 
  2. In the search field, search for household employee taxes, sch h (use this exact term including the comma and space) and then click the "Jump to household employee taxes, sch h" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to "Did You Have a Nanny or Household Employee?" and follow the onscreen instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300422

View solution in original post

12 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Edited.  3/5/2016 1:32 PM

1. After sign-in, select Pick up where you left off 
  2. In the search field, search for household employee taxes, sch h (use this exact term including the comma and space) and then click the "Jump to household employee taxes, sch h" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to "Did You Have a Nanny or Household Employee?" and follow the onscreen instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300422

Seb12345
Returning Member

This is no longer a valid solution as the search option has been removed from the app. I am trying to find where this is in Turbo Tax. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@Seb12345 wrote:

This is no longer a valid solution as the search option has been removed from the app. I am trying to find where this is in Turbo Tax. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The Search function is on the TurboTax online editions and on the desktop editions

Screenshot for the online editions -

Search Link Online.JPG

Update step as of 2/28/22

1. After sign-in, select Pick up where you left off 
  2. In the search field, search for nanny tax (use this exact term including the comma and space) and then click the "Jump to Nanny Tax" link in the search results.
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

@Seb12345

Click "Other Tax Situations" along the top

Scroll down to the "Additional Tax Payments" section

Scroll down to "Nanny and household employee tax" 

Schedule H is still under construction and will be ready 3/17/2022

I believe there were some last minute changes made by the IRS in regards to Covid related leave. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Seb12345
Returning Member

Your instructions are unclear. You state to leave in the comma and space in the term "nanny tax" and there is no comma. Nonetheless I did as you stated and there are no results like you mention. Please see the attached screenshot.Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 1.26.16 PM.png

Seb12345
Returning Member

@KrisD15 

This is the best answer to find the location of the Schedule H, but it needs a massive improvement. First, it is only available in the web based version and should be included in the app based version as well. If Intuit wants to tote how universal it is to be able to pick up any device to do their taxes, they should make that statement true. Second, the fact that it isn't available until March 17th is a little perplexing seeing as competing tax filing companies already have this form available as of early February.

Is there an explanation as to why Intuit is so late to the game on this?

@Seb12345 In the Search box just enter nanny tax  Or you could enter sch h

Then click on Jump to nanny tax or Jump to sch h

Seb12345
Returning Member

@DoninGA 

Please refer to my screenshot above where I did just that and nothing popped up. After trolling through different pages and typing in the search under each page, I finally got it to show up, but it isn't as cut and dry as you suggest. I ended up having it show up after I manually went to "Other Tax Situations" as @KrisD15 suggested in their post, but it seems kind of useless since I was already in that section and searching for it will take me to the same place. 🤷‍♂️ 

@Seb12345 I posted what I just used in the Search box with the Self-Employed online edition.  It worked just fine

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

The IRS started this filing season further behind than they have ever been in history.  Dealing with the IRS this year is not the same as the IRS of past years.  

This is the national taxpayer advocate's report to Congress for this year.  It's got a lot of information in it but its biggest takeaways are that the IRS started 2021's filing season with 6 million 2020 returns, 2.3 million amended returns, 5 million quarterly returns and 5 million pieces of correspondence unprocessed.  That was how they started the year.

Once TurboTax has the forms (and we have all of them now) the programmers have to program them in and then test what they've coded before rolling everything out.  It's a time consuming process.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know the OP is old, but on the off chance you see this I wanted to say THANK YOU! I was banging my head against a wall trying to get TurboTax to realize that I needed to file a Schedule H 1040, even with checking the box that a > $5,000 child care expense was for a household employee. Your solution worked when everything else failed 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies