gspringer

Where do I enter schedule E expenses?

ColeenD3

Where do I enter schedule E expenses?

In the SEARCH box in the upper right hand corner of the return, type, "Schedule E", then click the "Jump to" link.

After you enter the set-up for the property and the income, you will be asked about expenses.

ccbrown90

Where do I enter schedule E expenses?

How can I enter schedule e expenses that aren’t due to a rental property? I have passive activity interest for a k-1 partnership that, according to IRS Notice 89-35, is supposed to be included on form 8582. However, since I’m on TT online, I can’t directly access forms and I can’t figure out where to report this appropriately. The Schedule E interview section only allows me to directly report on specific properties, while the k-1 interview doesn’t seem to have a place for specifically passive activity interest expense either. [The reason I bring up schedule E is because the k-1 loss is from rental real estate (box 2 of k-1).]