turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Line 20 of schedule k-1. Code T has no $ amount to enter. has only letters "STMT"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Line 20 of schedule k-1. Code T has no $ amount to enter. has only letters "STMT"

When you see STMT on a Schedule K-1, it means that you need to find another page among all the stuff they sent you that lists the detail for that particular line item. Usually, they list all the code breakdown info together in a table, with the code, the description, and the amount.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

When you see STMT on a Schedule K-1, it means that you need to find another page among all the stuff they sent you that lists the detail for that particular line item. Usually, they list all the code breakdown info together in a table, with the code, the description, and the amount.

Thanks I was able to locate these but when Turbo tax asks for me to fill out Box 14 B and the three i's it asks me to enter the amount. The amount on one for example says 538 income but has 159 exspense total 379. Is that what I put in the amount in turbo tax?

I have the same issue.  I found instructions for how to resolve line 20 code z but I also have line 20 code AG which does not seem to be the same since it is gross receipts for 3 different years.  There are code AG 8990 gross receipts for year 2109 $xxx; cod AG  8990 gross receipts for year 2018  $xxx and code AG 8990 Gross receipts for year 2019 $xxx.  It is the ENTRY into turbo tax that needs to be explained.

Julie 

I need to know this information too as I have three amounts listed under the AG code .

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You need to make three separate entries in line 20.  Select code AG and enter one combined amount for all three entries. Since these are reported in 2020, it matters not what years these are accrued from.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is answer is unclear what you are suggesting.   Are you saying use the pull down 3 times and each time use code AG and fill in the three different  one for each instance?  or are you saying to do one pull down for code AG and on paper or in supporting details list the three amounts so that only the sum of the three appears?  This seems a little weird to total data for three different years.   Does this enter into any calculations anywhere on any forms?  

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The amounts listed apply to the partnership itself for accounting purposes and have not affect on your personal return.  They are included for information.  

Enter the amounts on separate lines, each with a code of AG.  This will be just for reference purposes.

Sec. 448(c) (commonly known as the small taxpayer gross receipts test) basically allows the partnership to use the cash basis of accounting when they would normally be required to use the accrual basis.  Presumably the amounts are included on your K-1 to allow the partnership to take advantage of the exception:  "...if the average annual gross receipts of such entity for the 3-taxable-year period ending with the taxable year which precedes such taxable year does not exceed $25,000,000." [26 U.S. Code § 448 - Limitation on use of cash method of accounting]

@julie56

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies