Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm having trouble finding the business deductions section. I need to enter my business expenses!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I'm having trouble finding the business deductions section. I need to enter my business expenses!

Use the following steps to go to the section of your return to enter your business expenses:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “business expenses” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to business expenses

• Click on the blue “Jump to business expenses” link

This will take you to a summary page showing any businesses that you have already entered.  Click Edit beside the business name.  Scroll down the page to the Business Expenses section.  You can click Visit All to allow TurboTax to walk you through everything so that you won’t miss something, or choose the section that you want to work on. 

If you have not yet entered information for your business, just start from this point and you can go through the basic information for your business, your business income, and then your business expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies