Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paul921921
Returning Member

Unable to use percentages when entering distributions to beneficiaries form 1041

I'm using 2019 TurboTax business to file a return for my Uncle's estate/trust.

When I get to step: Federal Taxes: Distributions, all the beneficiaries are listed with a entry box to the right saying, "Enter the amount distributed to each beneficary in 2019.  I can't enter a percentage.  After entering a dollar amount, when I look at the schedule K-1 forms for each beneficiary, I see no allocation to line 11 A, 11C.  If I enter a percentage instead of the dollar amount (Beneficiary's allocation smart worksheet, B1, B2) then the allocations for to line 11.  Should I enter this into the form manually or is there a way in the step-by-step to enter the percentage?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Unable to use percentages when entering distributions to beneficiaries form 1041

@Paul921921 wrote:
Should I enter this into the form manually or is there a way in the step-by-step to enter the percentage?

You can enter that in Forms Mode (as you have discovered). I believe the TurboTax default for estate returns is to enter actual amounts distributed. If those amounts result in the same distribution as your percentages, then you can use the latter.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies