Solved: TurboTax Business keeps changing my answer to the ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pencil123
Level 3

TurboTax Business keeps changing my answer to the shareholder distribution question

I'm using TurboTax Business 2020 desktop version to prepare an S-Corp return. I answered "yes" to the question "Other than salaries and loans, did the corporation give any money or property to any shareholder this year?" and entered a cash amount. Later when I revisited this section, my answer was somehow automatically changed to "No". I tried correcting this to "Yes" multiple times but it kept reverting to "No". Is this a bug? 

I don't know if this is relevant, but I entered "0" for the question "Enter total dividend distributions made to shareholders during tax year 2020 from your accumulated earnings and profits account".

Thanks for your help!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

TurboTax Business keeps changing my answer to the shareholder distribution question

You might want to contact Support via the link below during regular business hours.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

I have a copy of TurboTax Business and have been unable to reproduce the anomaly you are seeing, but there may be another part of the Step-by-Step that you have answered differently.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tagteam
Level 15

You might want to contact Support via the link below during regular business hours.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

I have a copy of TurboTax Business and have been unable to reproduce the anomaly you are seeing, but there may be another part of the Step-by-Step that you have answered differently.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings