waybet12

Schedule k1 estates and trusts is located in US Virgin Islands: How do I over ride the "State" portion of the address?

I am trying to enter my K-1 into my tax return. I cannot get past the Trust name and address because I have to enter a "state" . The Trust is located in the US Virgin Islands.  How do I override this?

tagteam

" How do I override this?"

You really do not need to do any overrides. The K-1 you received is for your records and does not get transmitted to the IRS with your income tax return; only other relevant information is transmitted.

Consequently, you can use your own address as the trust's address since the IRS receives the correct address for the trust from the trust's income tax return.

tagteam

" How do I override this?"

waybet12

Thank you!
tagteam

You are most welcome.