turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

waybet12

Schedule k1 estates and trusts is located in US Virgin Islands: How do I over ride the "State" portion of the address?

I am trying to enter my K-1 into my tax return. I cannot get past the Trust name and address because I have to enter a "state" . The Trust is located in the US Virgin Islands.  How do I override this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Schedule k1 estates and trusts is located in US Virgin Islands: How do I over ride the "State" portion of the address?

" How do I override this?"

You really do not need to do any overrides. The K-1 you received is for your records and does not get transmitted to the IRS with your income tax return; only other relevant information is transmitted.

Consequently, you can use your own address as the trust's address since the IRS receives the correct address for the trust from the trust's income tax return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

" How do I override this?"

You really do not need to do any overrides. The K-1 you received is for your records and does not get transmitted to the IRS with your income tax return; only other relevant information is transmitted.

Consequently, you can use your own address as the trust's address since the IRS receives the correct address for the trust from the trust's income tax return.

waybet12

Thank you!

You are most welcome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies