Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Sch k-1 wks-partnership (Buggin' Out Skull Mounts): activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses

For the purposes of the qualified business deduction, these need to be reported on a 8995A.  This form has not been released by the IRS.

Here is the latest updates on when the forms will be released by the IRS. Please review this IRS link. for information on the latest updates. Looks like 2/28/2020 for the 8995A form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sch k-1 wks-partnership (Buggin' Out Skull Mounts): activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses

@DaveF1006 Unlss you qualify to use the short form 8995. I dint need 8995A so why cant i file????

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Are you using Turbo Tax premier software? If so, try doing an update to your program. Once you are in your program, go to online>check for updates.  Also you may need to do a manual update if that doesn't work.

TurboTax Business 2019 – R19

If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 Business software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax Business and all other programs except this browser window.
  2. Click here to download the 149 MB update.
  3. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  4. Double-click the update file w_bizrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DaveF1006 running Turbo Tax Premier software, downloaded and ran the latest manual update TurboTax 2019 Individual – R18 and still getting the error. Only using Form 8995, not 8995-A so really don't understand this ongoing delay.

@DaveF1006 I am using 2019.R18.33 on a Mac. I dont have r19...is there one?

Update: Based upon the official posting there is no R19 available as of 2/25.

We all want you to release a fix for 8995 (NOT 8995-A) so the error is gone. I get that 8995-A is out of your control if the IRS has not made the form official. But that has NOTHING to do with 8995!

The IRS won't even release 8995-A until 2/28 and we both know it will take Intuit 2 to 3 weeks to revise and test. Why should 8995 users be forced to wait????

Escalate that issue.

Hey guys it looks like the issue has been fixed. You may want to try it. It worked for me. Thank you.

BP2020

It also worked for me, but it did not need the form as I was not a patron.  It printed without the 8995A form but included the 8995 form.

Concur, just completed my return with a 8995 form. Flag for future release was gone.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies