Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Why this message: "Sch K-1 Box 20 Code Z has been selected but no Section 199A income has been entered on Statement A" when I have entered requested income?

Please return to the K-1 entry screen and work through the interview to Box 20. Delete the number you entered in the amount box. Continue until you are asked about Section 199A Income. Check the appropriate box for the detail reported to you on Statement A, then enter the amount in that box for that income(loss). See screenshot below (click to enlarge).

Note that Section 1231 gain(loss) was checked on the 199A page, but there was no amount. If this is where the <30,399> should go, enter that amount for this line. But if this was an ordinary business loss, you need to check the first box, enter the amount, and uncheck the box for Sec 1231.

@pbandj7777

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why this message: "Sch K-1 Box 20 Code Z has been selected but no Section 199A income has been entered on Statement A" when I have entered requested income?

I updated the K-1 and deleted the number entered in the Box 20 question.

I continued on to the Section 199A Income. I had entered the -30,399 there previously, but it now appeared blank. I entered that number again (on the Section 1231 gain/loss line because my page 1 of the K-1, Part III line 10 lists Section 1231 loss.) This loss is entirely from selling the duplexes of Hidden Valley Duplexes LLC.

I do not have a Statement A form, but I do have a 1065 K-1 Attachment that lists Box 20 information, line Z Section 199A information.  Section 199A income has -30,399 entered. (This is why I entered on TurboTax Section 199A page)

When I ran the review again, I received the same error message saying there was no 199A income reported.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Enter zero for ordinary or rental income on the Sec 199A entry page. That should resolve the review error.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Got my problem solved following the instructions, i.e. deleting amount in Z and entering the amount in each category later.  Found I did correct last year but wrong this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies