Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joyhaddox

Which turbo tax program do I use if I own a s corp and my s corp then owns two LLC's

I have intuit turbo tax and wasn't sure if I could file my taxes with it because I 100% own my S Corp and my S Corp owns two LLC's 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
KennethB

Which turbo tax program do I use if I own a s corp and my s corp then owns two LLC's

Yes, you can use TurboTax to file your taxes for both your business and personal taxes.  Use TurboTax Business to prepare your S-Corporation tax returns, as well as your two LLC tax returns (multi-member LLC's).

TurboTax Premier and Home & Business will allow you to enter a K-1 as part of preparing your individual income tax return. 

How many Turbo Tax versions do I need to buy to prepare an  S-corp, LLC and 4 individual tax returns?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Two. You will need one Business return for the Corporation and Partnership (LLCs) and one personal program.

Both TurboTax Online Premier and Self Employed will handle the K-1, but if there is a 1099-Misc that also has to be included, you will need Self-Employed.

What hasn't been addressed here, are the LLC's which you state are owned by the S corp, single member LLC's?

This is an important factor.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

The LLC is a multi member for a rental property. I just purchased Turbo Tax Business. Which other version do I need to purchase to complete 4 individual returns for family members? Some will have K-1's from the S-corp and the LLC. Thank you.

And the LLC is owned by 2 trusts, not the s-corp.

Also one of the individual tax returns has a Schedule C for a construction business.

roroTT

So to understand which products I need..

I own an s-corp so I know that I need the "Business" program to download to get the 1120s and the schedule K-1. 

But for my personal returns, which one? Deluxe, Premier or Self-employed? 

It looks like the self-employed option is for self-employed who receive 1099s, which isn't my case. We get W-2 from our business. 

We also want to itemize because we own a home, etc.

Thanks in advance!!  

If you use the Online version you will need to use Premier to enter a K-1 from the LLC or S corp.

You can buy any Desktop program.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

roroTT

"You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. " - you mean on the online versions with "LIVE", etc., right? 

So Premium would be better I guess

No.  I meant if you buy the Desktop CD/Download program you can buy any version but you get more help inside the program in the higher versions.  LIVE is only available in the Online web version.  And you need to use a higher version to enter certain things like you need Premier to enter K-1.  

So it sounds like you need to buy separate versions for submitting personal vs. a business? You can't buy the highest version and then just use twice? I full own topmarq, a c-corp, but normally have to do the 'self-employed' version of turbotax anyways because I worked out of the country for a bit. So can i just buy one or does it keep the personal separate. Thanks! Sorry for thread jacking, just seemed pretty close to my question.

Yes sorry.  You need to buy the separate Business program (not the same as Home & Business) in addition to a personal version.  Turbo Tax Business is not available to do online or on a Mac. You can buy the Window's version here. And you can have both TT Business and TT Home & Business (or any personal version) installed on your computer at the same time.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

How have you been doing your C corp taxes?  Is this the first year?  If you haven't done a Business return before you should go to an accountant and get it set up right.  

gotcha ok that makes sense! Thanks for confirming and yes it will be my first year, so that makes sense. I will check out first with an accountant. Appreciate the help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies