turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jenccowan

When I enter my 1099-G it keeps saying needs review, why? I’ve deleted and re entered and it still does it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

When I enter my 1099-G it keeps saying needs review, why? I’ve deleted and re entered and it still does it

If you could tell us what income is being reported on the 1099-G we may be able to help you better. It may be that you are missing some key information, such as a valid zip code, payer's TIN, recipient's TIN, or numbers is the proper boxes. Can you tell us what boxes have numbers in them?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jenccowan

It’s for unemployment. I’ve filled all the boxes that are filled in on the form

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

There are a couple of different 1099-G forms, so please follow the steps in this article to ensure that you are entering the information in the right section of TurboTax.

At the screen where you enter the name and address of the payer of the unemployment, check what is in the box Type of mailing address.   Make sure that the correct type of mailing address is selected, as well.

kb82

I am trying to input my unemployment 1099g and it keeps saying needs review, I have double checked my EIN and TIN they are correct

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

There may be a problem with how your computer is interacting with TurboTax. You can try clearing the cache and cookies on your computer. You can "Google" how to do that for your computer operating system.

Also, you can try logging into TurboTax using a different web browser, like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

S3NIOR

I’m having this same problem with box 11 everything is correct but says need review

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Here is something you can try to resolve the issue:

• If there is state income tax withheld from your 1099-G income, Box 11 should show the amount. If no state income tax is withheld, remove the information from Box 10a and Box 10b. 
  • If there is no information in boxes 10a and 10b, and "$0.00" entered in box 11, delete the $0.00 in box 11.

@S3NIOR

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies