Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i fill out of unrealized cost basis information for securities subject to amortization/accretion?

How do I find of the schedule D?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
lplfs

How do i fill out of unrealized cost basis information for securities subject to amortization/accretion?

upload from company
investor952
Returning Member

What? so what is the answer to the question?

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

The Schedule D is the form that is produced from information put into TurboTax in the Investment Income section>Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other. 

If you received a 1099-B you may be able to download the information from your broker into TurboTax, or you can enter the information yourself.

@investor952 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You said: "If you received a 1099-B you may be able to download the information from your broker into TurboTax, or you can enter the information yourself..."  BUT - "enter the information" WHERE??  There does not appear to be any place to enter it....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is how you can enter your 1099-B.

You said - "Here is how you can enter your 1099-B."

No, that doesn't work.  That link says:

2. "In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.

I tried several ways to "...search for 1099-B and then select the Jump..."  

That does \nt seem to work, no matter what I tried... I have TTax Home&Business.  I have already filled out the return and want to know how to add unrealized cost basis info.  There doesn't seem to be any way to do that under the Persona Income 1099-B setup...

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

To enter your securities sales information from your 1099-B, you can do the following:

1. Go back into your program and select the Personal tab. 
  2. Then select Personal Income. 
  3. Select the blue box that says I'll choose what I work on
  4. Scroll down and select Update to the right of Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other under the Investment Income section. 
  5. You will be able to select Add More Sales on the screen titled Here's all the investment accounts we have so far.  If your stock sales are already listed if you imported them, you can select Edit to the right of the applicable stock sale where you need to enter additional information.

Capital gain input

Once you select the appropriate section above, you will enter your detailed information in the screen titled Tell us about your ... 1099-B.

Detail input

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies