Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to file with schedule C

I have the same issue with fileing with a schedule C for a small amount of adsense income.  So far it looks like the solution is TaxCut and eat the 44 paid to turbo tax. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

What is your issue with Schedule C?   You can use TurboTax Deluxe to file a Schedule C that only has income.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When ever you include a sched c and go to file electronically you get a message that you must file by mail because of an unsupported form that must be mailed in.  I am not the only person seeing this error.

When I include a 1099 MISC for $700.00 of royalties and no expenses I get the following message. Take out the sched c and you can file electronically.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 190723.png

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue in TurboTax and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

As soon as we have a resolution for you, it'll be shared on Community.

I had an Intuit Rep to take a look at it today and they couldn't figure out why the system will not transmit. If you temporarily remove the schedule C and go as you're going to submit it will go through. I just don't understand why we're having problems!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This has been resolved to my knowledge. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Make sure you have ran all updates. 

Please let me know if this does not work.

When I launched the application it performed an update and I was able to file electronically. 

It is still not working and the date keeps getting move out. When will this be fixed.

Just tried clearing Cache and Cookies, restarted TT, still not able to file. Sent form online to Agent (suggested in another thread) Token number 1185360. 

Will attempt resolution options as I don't look forward to reentering all of my information into new software, but that is the direction I am heading given other peoples' responses. 

Death knell for TurboTax?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Taxpayers who are filing a Schedule C, and have an amount on line 26 will have to wait until all the forms are ready. There have been some changes in the tax law that will affect the tax return and TurboTax is working hard to provide you with a reliable product that allows you all possible deductions and credits. The current estimated date for availability of the forms is 02/28/24.

As of 2/29, this is working for me as mentioned in the expert post. Thank you @CatinaT1 !

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies