turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Agrs

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

When I called TT about this, they said that a SMLLC is not required to file Form 568 separately. It can be filed as part of your individual tax return. I haven't used TT in a couple of years and now use an accountant, who says that the FTB says I owe interest and penalties for not having filed 568 in 2017.  I'm at an impasse. TT says they did it correctly. My accountant says I should have filed it separately. Has anyone had this experience?

kezhan

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

I had the same problem and TT costs me penalties from tax year 2018-2020. What a shame! 

Even though I see the 568 form in our saved return, we received a letter from FTB saying that they don't have our 568 form for 2019.

When we called FTB and spoke to a live person, they said that they don't have 2020 either.

We are going to mail both of them in.

It's very difficult to tell if TT is actually e-filing the form or not.

My advice is to mail the form in going forward.

Yep, it's more like Turbo Tuurd, especially as the app doesn't even tell you that it's not providing Form 568. So for the those who have not spent hours on these s-ball forums, embracing the turdiness of the Tuurd, you've no doubt experienced a world of joy to arrive at this point.

btw - For non-SMLLC's, "apparently" the "self-employed" version does provide Form 568, however the online version may not, while the desktop version may — because this just makes solid sense, right. Of course, there's no clear explanation to this in the Tuurd's online experience, which feel like having your eyes taped open and watching pop ups happen all day.

Whatever you do, don't bother with phone support. They will guide you on a shared browser window to the search blank and then have you type in things that they're guessing at (yes, really). 

The big brains at the Tuurd, don't tell you that it's only in certain versions. Good luck finding out which ones!

wkcranberry
Returning Member

Andrea,  Your response is troubling.  I have used Turbotax Home and Business for the last 10 years and the Form 568 for a SMLLC has always been available to complete on screen and print out for filing.  However, for tax year 2021 many lines can't be filled out.  This has never been the case.  

In fact, usually TT is able to populate the information from last year, but this year it is totally useless.

A good answer from you would directly address the issue is why it is not working now.

Thanks

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@wkcranberry Can you clarify the exact issue we can assist you with?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wkcranberry
Returning Member

Darla,  Thanks for asking.

We have been using Turbotax home and business for the last several years and the software would prompt the taxpayer to complete a form 568 for a SMLLC.  This year, there was a pop up about untitled being a business that might require a form 568 filing.  

There was no information carried forward about the LLC from previous years and that had to be reentered manually.  Then parts of the form could not be completed such as how much estimated taxes and fees were paid for 2021.  Those had to be overridden basically making the form useless in my opinion.    Also the pop up for filling out the form is tiny to read.  

I sense that this is not something that will be corrected in the next week or two, is that correct?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download) does prompt the user to Edit your SMLLC when you reach the Business Summary page of the California interview. Editing the business brings up several pages that confirm it is an SMLLC, cautions that Form 568 must be e-filed, then displays the form to be completed as needed.

If the pop-up box is to small to read, you can go to Forms >> California >> Sch C Wks (SMLLC) >> Form 568. There are two pages to be competed, p 1-2 and p 3-5. Any fields that must have entries are highlighted in pink. Not all information is transferred from the Federal section to allow entries specific to California and this form. Use the QuickZoom links to open other related forms that need to be completed. Then return to Step-by-Step to complete the interview for the SMLLC.

The interview pages provide PRINT FORM buttons that will open a form as a PDF to be saved or printed. The form can also be printed in Forms mode by clicking the button at the bottom of the form, or by using the File >> Print option from the main menu.

[Edited 3/25/2022 | 1:48 pm PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can you tell me what number you called to reach a live person at FTB? I'd like to be able to check if they received my 2021 568 but every time I call the support line the automated system hangs up on me.

I used TurboTax Home & Business for last year's (2020) taxes, and I got CA 568 in a PDF format, and got the waiver and US mailed the Form 568 to FTB last year.

Does anyone know whether TurboTax Home & Business for tax year 2021 will E-file CA Form 568? 

I see that many people "thought" TurboTax  E-filed CA Form 568 only to find from FTB that they never received it. 

I did see the message from the TurboTax Home & Business 2021 that they will E-file CA Form 568 as long as I have exactly ONE SMLLC (which is the case), but I am worried that this may not be accurate given the experience that people have had for their CA E-filings with SMLLC

I am thinking of getting the FTB waiver and US Mail the CA Form 568. Hopefully it will not be filed twice - once via E-file and another via US Mail!

Has anyone used TurboTax Home & Business 2021 to E-file CA 568 for their SMLLC, and CONFIRMED from FTB that they received the CA Form 568? 

Thanks,

Mahesh

wkcranberry
Returning Member

Patricia,  My beef with TT Home and Business is that some of the pink fill in boxes can't be filled in.  For example, I could not fill in the amount of the LLC tax paid in 2021 or cause an override.  There are other boxes that are the same.   This needs to be fixed.

wkcranberry
Returning Member

I see a lot of replies about this topic by employees of TT, but the problem is a software problem that needs to be fixed rather than hashed out over and over.

I used TurboTax Self-Employed Edition but I finally got a hold of someone at FTB and they said they did receive my CA Form 568 for 2021 although it is currently "in processing".

I just finished filing 2021 on extension using Turbotax Delux. This is my first year having a SMLLC. It made me fill out form 568 manually with nothing auto-filled except total income on line 1, and no help or instructions for the rest of the fields.  I had to go to the FTB website and manually search & pull instructions, tables & worksheets. When complete Turbotax said it would not e-file the form and that I had to print & mail it AFTER obtaining an e-file exemption from the FTB, because I had a depreciation/amortization (and one other thing I can't remember now) off a list of about 12 things which Turbotax gave at the bottom of the form as items which would mean it couldn't/wouldn't e-file the form. After doing some checking it seems that it's the same in the Self-Employed and Home & Business versions as well, so glad I didn't waste money upgrading. Will Turbotax have this fixed for 2022?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies