Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax K-1 Not updated for 2023

I agree with the previous comment. When can we expect Turbo Tax to upgrade their K-1 submission button.  Mine is darkened out for 2024

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Schedule K-1 for tax year 2023 is scheduled to be available on 02/22/2024.

View solution in original post

37 Replies

The Schedule K-1 for tax year 2023 is scheduled to be available on 02/22/2024.

GREAT. Thanks

I was told by a TurboTax representative that it would be available 2/14/24. Why did the date move? Where did you get your information? Thanks so much!

The date has been published as 2/14 for some time on their site:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

It's not like folks are going to get a discount when they don't meet the date. They just change the date to some other future date. Maybe it'll be done sooner....might get pushed out again. Unfortunately, you just have to keep checking the site.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

According to the Forms Availability Table, Schedule K-1 will be ready for input on February 21, 2024. We recommend that you wait until the next day to update TurboTax (if using the desktop version) then retry the K-1 entries.

@swillnerwa 

@KTHart 

@TampaMike 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The lateness of the K-1 entry screen being available is beginning to be a serious identity theft issue. The later I can file my return, the more chance someone will file under my information and try to steel my identity. At the very least the IRS will hold up my refund until it is sorted out......taking many months.

Great point.  Does anyone know if this an issue due to the IRS or internal to TurboTax?? I am looking at other options for next year....

The instructions for Form 1065 and Form 1065/K1 were published on 1/23/24. It's been almost a month, but I'm not clear on what the effort is for the changes based on what was published.

The button to input K-1 data to this point has not been updated. I entered all of my data on the form but when I tried to put in the total owing, it would not register and I presume that is because they are still in the process of updating the K-1 so at this time the K-1 can not be completed in the 2023 Turbo tax. I am now waiting for the next couple of days when one of the participants indicated that  was when Turbo Tax will have completed their update.

I suggest we all contact our representatives in Congress and ask them why the tax rules are not completed before the START of a tax year, instead of AFTER.

And yet, it's the 21st and they're not ready for input as you said. Just like it wasn't ready on the 14th as previously said. TurboTax has little to no credibility any longer. I will definitely be choosing another software service next year. You've lost a long-time customer, TurboTax.

Just like two weeks ago it was scheduled to be out on 2/14. That means absolutely nothing when they keep pushing it off.

It's not just turbo tax, I'm told. The local CPAs around me using much more sophisticated software can't file either.

I'm told by local CPAs that it's most all software

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies