turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule C Ready Soon? Manual Update Says I Don't Have 2019 Installed

Using Turbotax Home & Business 2019. Getting a message that Schedule C and Form 8995 will be ready soon. Received email from Turbotax that they are in fact ready.  Update doesn't appear to install them, same message. Tried the manual update and got a message that I don't have 2019 installed when in fact I do. Any suggestions to get these forms updated?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I've got the Home & Business Desktop and I do have FORM 8995 Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

8995.JPG  I have form 8995 also but upper right says in red DO NOT FILE. Online update says I'm up to date also.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction is not available until 02/20/2020.  That is why you are receiving that error. Please view this link. for verification.

turbotaxforms.JPG

Twice I've received this email saying my forms are ready, yet I can't update automatically or manually. Trying manually error says I don't have 2019 installed.

Same exact situation for me (except that mine shows four forms outstanding).  Email says all forms now available, and website shows print efile versions available.  Go to update, but update says I'm all good, but when I do analysis it says the forms are still not ready.   superpatch says 2019 not intalled.  So which is it?  Ready now? or do I have to wait until 2-20-2020?  Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

Still the same problem as of 9am Eastern time 2/20/2020.

Are you saying that if a manual update gives the error of "TurboTax not installed"  that it means that there was no new data in the manual update installer?  Because you can see by the pic that I do have TT 2019 installed.

notinstalledre.JPG

In my case, I am waiting for the updated federal 1040 form and the email from TurboTax said it was ready, but updating the program online says they are not (as others have reported as well.) That is why I tried the manual updater and am getting the same error.

Same exactly for me.  Forms Schedule C and 8995 are "available" on the availability tables, but manual update doesn't show them available.  Delayed tax filing for 20 days waiting for 2/20, and "helpers" online keep referring me to the update tables, which shows forms available.  I've gotten no email saying they were ready also, unlike some others on here.  frustrating.  There goes $150 on turbotax business software.   I want a refund.

just got the manual update myself.  after restarting the computer I got the message "2019 turbotax not installed".  No options/No other ways to do something.  Nothing.  Nice.  NOT

I am having this same issue as well. I hope they are able to update a patch soon.

Same issues. This 2019 version is crap.

I wonder if it's just the few of us here having this issue or are all TT users waiting for these forms to be downloaded / updated and not being able to file?

Same here, automatic update says up to date, TTHB says need forms, manual update says I don't have 2019 installed when I am actually using it.

turbotax2020c.JPG

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here is the form availability table for each form that is available in TurboTax. 

Availability Forms Table

Here's some information for Troubleshooting updating issues.

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues - Community

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies