turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the Schedule B part 2 code? Where do I find this information on my return ? Turbo Tax will not allow me to e-file without it ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
fyg

What is the Schedule B part 2 code? Where do I find this information on my return ? Turbo Tax will not allow me to e-file without it ?

Please answer my question
LeeM

Schedule B, part 2 is the Dividends Section.

I would return to that Dividends section. If you have any dividends there, I would check to make sure they are correct. 

If you did not receive any dividends, then I would delete the items that are there.

You can then continue through the questions to make sure everything is correct.

You should enter all information for any Dividends directly from your Form 1099-DIV.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5646867

ES25

I can not find a code for Schudel B part 2  and can not send my taxes with out it I had no divinds ad I checked all my answers on form all righ need to get this thing off 

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

Check to see if there are any dividend entries in your return.  there may be an entry lingering from last year that no longer apply this year. If so, then the entry needs to be deleted.

1)   Sign into your account 

2.   From the top, select tab Federal Taxes / Wages and Income 

3)   Scroll to All income

4)   Scroll to interest and Dividends

5)   Select Show More

6)   Select Dividends on 1099-DIV Select Revisit

7)   See if there is a dividend entry listed. If so, delete it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

didn't help

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

In your TurboTax:

1.  Choose Income & Expenses

2.  Scroll down and choose Interest & Dividends

3.  Choose Dividends on 1099 DIV and select Revisit

Check the entries in this section against your 1099 DIV forms.

frankj318

If you go to tax tools you can delete the form and then move on.

lele1105

I'm not seeing the option 

lele1105

Where can I find tax tools

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

Tax tools is on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Please see the screenshot below.

To delete a form please follow these steps:

1. Log into TurboTax and select any topic to continue
  2. Click on "Tax Tools" from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and then click on "Tools"
  3. Click on "Delete a Form"
  4. Scroll down to "Schedule B" and click on "Delete"
  5. Click on "Delete Selected Form" and then "Continue"
  6. Scroll down and click on "Continue with my return"

@lele1105

tarwo12

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

Schedule B, Part 2 is for dividend income entries. If you received any dividends in 2019, you can review your entries by following these steps:

1. Click on Wages and Income at the top of the screen
  2. Scroll down to Interest and Dividends and click on Show More
  3. Click on Start or Revisit next to Dividends on 1099-DIV
  4. Review your entries. If you did not receive any dividends, you can delete any entries by clicking on the "trashcan" icon on the far right-hand side.

I've tried these steps. I cannot seem to get to the place to remove this information, I assumed I had to put something so I put 0, now it requires me to enter a code. I have no dividends to report I just want to move on. But it keeps bringing me to the end of the filing and telling me to enter the code. How do I get around this?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Schedule B part 2 is referencing a schedule that provides supporting detail to interest and dividends reported on lines 2 and 3 of Form 1040, page 1.

To refer to a code requested, implies that this may be a state return issue. TurboTax Expert ColeenD3 suggests checking out this THREAD for steps to find the -0-'s.

To find the federal dividend form information, follow these steps:

• From the left menu, select Federal
  • Wages & Income
  • Scroll down to Interest & Dividends and click Show More
  • Dividends on 1099-DIV and click Revisit

Unless specifically prompted to enter -0-, it is best to leave the box blank in this section for blank boxes on Form 1099-DIV. It should be entered exactly as received.

The easiest thing to do would be to delete the form and re-add it rather than trying to comb through and find the -0-'s that were entered.

• Follow these steps from TurboTax Expert Irene2805 to delete a form: 
    • TurboTax Online
      • While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
      • In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
      • Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
      • Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).
    • TurboTax CD/Download
      • Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar. 
      • In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
      • Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
      • To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  
  • To re-add Form 1099-DIV
    • From the left menu, select Federal
    • At Wages & Income, scroll down below all income and find Interest and Dividends. Click Show more.
    • By Dividends on 1099-DIV, click Start/Revisit and re-enter the details for Form 1099-DIV

[Edited 3/1/2020 | 3:57 PM PST]

@tiffanyb947 

@tarwo12 

@lele1105 

@aloeplant567 

@ES25 

@modicajohn1 

@frankj318 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies