Solved: My NYS return wants me to "Check This Entry: Other Additions/Subtractions Stmt (225): Sch B Part 2 Code-5 is not a valid subtraction code. How do I get past this?

My NYS return wants me to "Check This Entry: Other Additions/Subtractions Stmt (225): Sch B Part 2 Code-5 is not a valid subtraction code. How do I get past this?

Seems to be related to Form IT-225.  What is that form and why do I need it?  I do not live in NY, nor do I have business there. I am a US expat and haven't lived in the US for more than 30 years.

Thank you for your assistance.  I have found the answer to my question.  More of a programming problem as the return software kept asking me to input codes without explaining what they were, and that was probably because the NYS Form IT-225 itself was unclear.  Turns out I had input 0 in five places thinking they wanted a dollar value.  The software identified that as wrong but didn't tell me why it was wrong.  Had to start the return over and erase the fields to blanks before it would clear those errors.  Sorry if I caused anyone some unnecessary research.  

Where do you change the zeros to blanks

same question as above: where do you change the zeroes to blanks?

Yea this piste me off to.  Go to start state again at the bottom of page their is the additions suntractions tab, visit it and delete those 0 and wayla it’s good to go.

Go to: Edit State Form, Changes to Federal income, then scroll down to "Other New York Adjustment to Federal Income" and go through all of them and delete the zeros. Specially the last tab.

That was a royal painn in the arse!  Thanks for the help, though!

had the same problem. Your post was very much appreciated!

zevastian - you're a life saver.

Hi! I see what you are saying but am not able to actually change the zeros in the actual form - is there a trick to this? It appears to be un-editable on my end :(

It solved my problem!!! So grateful this was posted!

Thank you for this post!! Step-by-step instructions were incredibly helpful.

Same here, the error doesnt go away even after I cleared all the 0s

Same here. I deleted all 0 s but still error

Some of the sections have 2 forms. After 4-5 times of going through I finally found it and it went through. Thanks so much!!!!