Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations: Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179... not yet supported, is there a projected date for this to be ready?

This is the full review error message: Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations: Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited. For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations: Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179... not yet supported, is there a projected date for this to be ready?

Finally spoke to customer support. They said it should have been fixed today but it didn’t. They now estimate it’ll be fixed by 2/22. Let’s wish us luck. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I'm having the same problem - very frustrating! My returns are on hold until this gets resolved. I've tried manually eliminating things on the form even, with no luck. I'm not even sure if this has any effect on my refund number, but it DOES affect my ability to e-file. C'mon Turbotax, answer this question and let us know how to get through this snag asap! Thanks

In other posts I've read, I see this was supposed to be fixed and updated today (2/20), but even though I updated it, I'm still having the same issue. So, no, it was not fixed <sigh>.

I've been getting the same message and can't E-file yet.

I will contact Turbo Tax by phone to get an answer (if they answer the phone)

I have a call into them as well and am waiting for a call back from them. Hopefully, between the two of us, we can get answers to this.

Finally spoke to customer support. They said it should have been fixed today but it didn’t. They now estimate it’ll be fixed by 2/22. Let’s wish us luck. 

Thanks ALL!  Great community.  I'll call in and log a case as well.

Just ugghhh! I have completely lost confidence in Turbotax. I just want to file my taxes, why should it be this hard.

Well, it is 2/22/20 and the issue still seems to go unresolved...

On another thread this was posted:

New date according to IRS = 2/28

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

See form 8995-A date. 

Perhaps by EOD? One can hope TT is true to their word. 

I'm seeing this error too. Does anyone understand what it is asking for? Is there some piece of missing data I can add to my return?

Unfortunately, it seems we are waiting on TurboTax to make an update.  I haven't found any update that can get me past this error, short of removing my QBI, which would increase my tax liability.

I just called customer support.  Consistent with the other replies, they stated form/worksheet was originally supposed to be released on feb 12th, but is now pushed back two weeks.  Taken literally, that puts us at 2/26.  I also saw the note that the IRS will not release Form 8995A until 2/28.  Not sure if this is the hold up.  Seems like it should not be, as a large portion of users would only use the simplified form.  

My question is: I am confident any form updates will not impact my return.  Has anyone been able to Efile before the form/worksheet update?  Customer support indicated it should be possible, but I read posts indicating otherwise.

So they lied to me about this getting resolved by yesterday. That’s frustrating. As you said, perhaps this is on the IRS, but still just as frustrating. All that work and it’s just sitting there. No matter what I’ve done (gone into the Forms to edit and tried different things), I’ve been unable to turn the magic key and e-file. I’d assume if I printed and sent it in, I’d be fine, but that is a waste of paper and will take a lot of time for the refund. Granted, if this keeps going the way it is, the time might be a wash. And I’m resistant to send anything in that could possibly be flagged for an error. If there is a way that someone has discovered to get around this so we can e-file, we’re all eyes and ears. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies