turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

S-Corp VA Form 502A

I am trying to file electronically both my 2020 S-Corp  Form 1120-S and Virginia Form 502 but I keep getting an error message about section 502A which does not even apply. Is it too early to file? Is there an update that I need?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

S-Corp VA Form 502A

If form 502 is not needed, could you try using the FAQ link posted below to delete the form:

ow do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CJSAI

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Tiffany, I am having the same problem with filing of the VA 502 for an S corp.  Since all of my business was done in VA the form 502A is not required.  It does not show up on the form page under edit, and when I check the return it says more information is needed and will not let me file the VA portion of the taxes.  Cannot delete the form because it does not show up in the forms section.  

ofro

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Hello, 

I had the same issue, but in forms, I was able to delete it. 

The 502A form is on a separate tab. Go to the tab and then you can select delete at the bottom. 

haeelee

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Hello 

Were you able to fix this issue?  I'm having the exact same issue (no form 502A, but it says more information is needed).   I'd appreciate any info anyone can provide.    Thank you. 

CJSAI

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Yes,  at the top of the page click on view, then click Forms.  On the left side of the screen scroll down to the 502A and click to open it.  Once the 502A is opened scroll all the way down the form and  at the bottom of the page click delete.  That removed the form and allowed me to check the return without any errors and completed the filing.  Hope this helps and works for you as well.

TeraTax
Returning Member

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Yay, it worked!  I went around in circles for a long time. Then I decided to check one of the boxes in 502A (I chose Retail), next goto "File > Forms" , find 502A, open it, now click on delete at the bottom of the forms page. Then proceed with "Next", "Continue" to the E-Filing and it worked!  The important part was I had to first complete 502A by checking a box and then deleting the completed form.

ciofani2021tax
Returning Member

S-Corp VA Form 502A

Simply delete the Form 502A if you are not a multi-state filer.  You should have no issue

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies