salisbury-blake

On schedule E, do I use line 21 or line 22 for the regular tax carryovers? Which line corresponds to the AMT and QBI Carryovers?

ReginaM

Yes, use Line 22 for your AMT and carryover.

ReginaM

Line 22 is used to determine your passive activity limitations and carryover to next year by preparing Form 8582.  

Line 21 is used to determine your At Risk limitations using Form 6198.

TurboTax will walk you through your Schedule E and will ask you a series of questions to determine your At Risk limitations and will compute your carryover allowed to next year.   

salisbury-blake

@ReginaM Thanks a bunch! So would line 22 also be a good value to put for AMT and QBI carryovers that TurboTax asks for?

ReginaM

AmosandBuster

which line on schedule E corresponds to the Regular Tax Carry Over value?

JohnW222

Use line 22, as well.

superduper

I'm also trying to figure out my AMT and QBI carryover from last year. It does not specifically state the AMT and QBI carryover? What should i use? Why are you mentioning using the same value as the regular carry over? thanks so much

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~