turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a schedule K-1 from a trust I inherited last year. I entered the info from that but now TurboTax is requiring me to enter 1098-DIV. what do I enter for that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

I have a schedule K-1 from a trust I inherited last year. I entered the info from that but now TurboTax is requiring me to enter 1098-DIV. what do I enter for that?

K-1 and 1099-DIV are separate statements....enter them both if you received one of each.

I inherited a trust last year. The assets were liquidated and dispersed as cash.  The dividend interest is reported on the Schedule K-1. I do not have any 1099-DIVs as I did not directly inherit any stock.  According to other questions I’ve found here, TurboTax takes the K-1 info (which is showing as $0 in the income summary even though all the K-1 info is entered) and puts it indifferent places, like under 1098-DIV. However, this isn’t being transferred in my case. TurboTax keeps asking me to enter the 1099-DIV info. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies