turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a k1. box 16 has codes A (other country) and then b/f/g/m/n/p all of which have $ value. How do I submit? i believe 2 K1's but not sure what codes go in whch k1?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a k1. box 16 has codes A (other country) and then b/f/g/m/n/p all of which have $ value. How do I submit? i believe 2 K1's but not sure what codes go in whch k1?

To avoid issues, it is assumed that if there is an entry in box 1, box2 and box 3 are blank.  Also if there any zeroes anywhere, remove them as they cause issues.

On the original K-1, delete in box 16  code g and n. 

Bring up a new blank K-1.  Fill in Part 1 the same as the original.  Part 2 can be ignored.  In Part 3, insert the amounts for code g and n and  code A but nothing else.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

To avoid issues, it is assumed that if there is an entry in box 1, box2 and box 3 are blank.  Also if there any zeroes anywhere, remove them as they cause issues.

On the original K-1, delete in box 16  code g and n. 

Bring up a new blank K-1.  Fill in Part 1 the same as the original.  Part 2 can be ignored.  In Part 3, insert the amounts for code g and n and  code A but nothing else.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

As rogge172 indicated in his excellent answer, you must enter separate K-1 worksheets if you have more than one type of foreign gross income.

What you are doing is separating the general income and deductions from passive income and deductions.  Follow his instructions posted above.

Thank you Roge1722 and Irene2805.  You are correct roger, no entry in box 2 and 3.  So just to be clear, in first k1 i put values of code a, b, f, m and p.  in the 2nd k1 i will fill out section 1, can skip section 2 and in section 3 i just do box 16 and put values of code a, g and n but nothing else.  Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you for the help all.  This worked like a charm!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies