turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a k-1 1065 but my state return is automatically loading a different form. Am I not required to file the 1065 with the state?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
timothy1
Returning Member

I have a k-1 1065 but my state return is automatically loading a different form. Am I not required to file the 1065 with the state?

The 1065 is a federal form, your state will have a different form name. For example, my state is Maryland, so the Business form that is filed for Maryland is a 510 (for LLCs)

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Information from the K-1 1065 will automatically transfer to your state return.  Items that need to be entered for the state specifically are items that are treated differently between federal and state (such as certain types of depreciation), and things like state specific tax credits.  Very often, there are no such differences or additions and nothing needs to be entered for the state.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
timothy1
Returning Member

Hi David, just curious if you know the answer to a different business question. If I trade in a vehicle that still has a loan on it, what do I enter in TT as the value/sales price, the trade in allowance from the dealer, or the difference between the trade in allowance and the loan. Example: Trade in allowance is $5000, owe $3500. Do I enter $1500 as the value or the full $5000 that the dealer offers in trade in? Sorry for replying here on this thread, I had posted the question earlier and hadn't gotten a response as of yet. Thanks!

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you mean the dealer is going to pay off your loan balance of $3,500, the sale amount would the trade-in value of $5,000 plus the loan payoff of $3,500, or $8,500. However, if the dealer is rolling the loan balance into your loan on the new vehicle, then it would be $5,000.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies