turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a full time job and I decided to start a mowing business this year.I have my business license as well.I have all receipts from my equipment to my gas purchase and after my mowing season ended f

I also got another job after the mowing season ended
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I have a full time job and I decided to start a mowing business this year.I have my business license as well.I have all receipts from my equipment to my gas purchase and after my mowing season ended f

If you run a small business as an independent contractor, freelancer, single-member LLC and you also have W-2 income, you'll need to use one of the following versions. 

Related information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just fair warning, don't be shocked at the amount of additional tax you may owe.

Starting your own business requires a good understanding of the tax implications; you will owe both income tax and also self-employment tax.

Here are a couple of links that will provide you with some guidance / information on small businesses:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center

Appears the 2019 Publication has not been released, but the 2018 will provide good guidance:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p334.pdf

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies