turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

allyejean
Returning Member

How to attach a statement to explain why Schedule C Other Income does not agree to 1099 Form received?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

How to attach a statement to explain why Schedule C Other Income does not agree to 1099 Form received?

I would enter the Form 1099 exactly as received.  If you want to make an adjustment to reduce the amount, enter it as a line item in "Other Expenses".  If you want to attach a statement, you will have to print and mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
allyejean
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Support was very successful giving me an answer.  I contacted them after I posted in the Community.  Go to Forms (not step-by-step).  Look on the left side top and you will find OPEN FORM.  Click on this and you should be able to get a blank form.  On this form you need to identify what Form and Line Number you are explaining on this blank sheet.   Be sure your name and social security number are on the blank sheet.   Type in here as much info as you need to explain your situation.  Be sure you show the line numbers of the forms involved and the numbers agree to this statement.  The statement now is part of your tax return and will be successfully e-filed with your return.    It worked just fine for me.  I e-filed and my return was accepted in hours.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies