Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arboss

How Do I File for Years '11, '13, '14???

I ran to practices; a contractor company and stock trading.  The stock trading loss data is easy to access.  I believe the brokerages have that data stored.  However the contracting data is something I don't have anymore.  

CA Tax Franchise Board wants me to file for 11, 13, 14, and they wanted me to file this for many years now.  I had an injury that impeded me from working for a long time...including doing any tax work on years that I didn't make any money.  Is it possible to just file an EZ form or something, and just put $0 on it?

This is why I ask.  I don't legally have to keep business files in CA back more than 5 years, and I don't have this material either way.  Also they don't audit back that far anyway, so what's the point of saying anything else other than $0 on 3 EZ return forms?  I would only be able to guess 100% of every single figure for each statement anyway.  

The main thing is I lost money each year without profiting.  It wasn't even close btw.  

So what's the best way to do this?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TurboTax can not be used for those years. the state return is not available.  that leaves you with preparing paper returns for those years or doing nothing and let Ca do whatever they can legally do.  Ca, if they believe you owe, can place liens on your assets and levy your bank accounts.  The issue is the statute of limitations for state income tax purposes.   if you file the time period that the state can levy starts to run but if you never file the clock never starts so they can go after you forever.   

Using the information on the federal returns you  can complete a CA return.  Seek local professional assistance for your situation ... you may need a tax attorney to resolve this situation. 

arboss

Ok, thx. 👍

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies