Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wcavnar

How can i get a list of depreciated assets?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax creates a worksheet called "Depreciation Report" each year that has a list of assets.    Are you asking how to get such in your 2019 return or a 2018 return?    Have you already prepared and filed 2019?

If you're using Online TurboTax, did you transfer the 2018 information into the 2019 return?

We can tell you how to get the Depreciation Report when it's clear if you are using Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download, and whether you've already filed the 2019 return, and if you transferred 2018 data into your 2019 return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TurboTax creates a worksheet called "Depreciation Report" each year that has a list of assets.    Are you asking how to get such in your 2019 return or a 2018 return?    Have you already prepared and filed 2019?

If you're using Online TurboTax, did you transfer the 2018 information into the 2019 return?

We can tell you how to get the Depreciation Report when it's clear if you are using Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download, and whether you've already filed the 2019 return, and if you transferred 2018 data into your 2019 return.

Carl
Level 15

Assets for a business or rental property are listed on IRS Form 4562 for *that* *specific* business or rental property. There are two 4562's for each and they both print in landscape format. One is titled "Depreciation and Amortization Report" and the other is titled "Alternative Minimum Tax Depreciation".

TO get/see/print the 4562's you need to save the tax return in PDF format and elect to save *EVERYTHING*. Not just the forms for your records, or the forms required for filing. Save EVERYTHING. THen open the saved PDF and look for the 4562's for specific and explicit activity you need them for.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies