turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I efile W2&1099 using turbotax business?

I am S.corp owner and have to file W2s and 1099s by the end of this month. I can't find any options for e-file W2/1099 on Turbotax business. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

To prepare forms 1099 or W-2 in TurboTax Business, save your open return and start a new return.

1. Click on Start a New return
  2. On the next page, click on Prepare W-2s and 1099s
  3. On the next page, you will then be given a choice between preparing your forms Online or using your desktop.
  4. We recommend doing it online as you can e-file for free. You can still print the forms to send to your employees or contractors.
  5. Click Choose Online and you will be taken to the TurboTax Quick Employer Forms (QEF) website.
  6. Sign in with your TurboTax username and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account to create a new account. Note carefully the username and password as you need them if you need to retrieve the forms later.
  7. After signing in, click on Create New Form
  8. On the next page, choose the type of forms you wish to prepare then click Continue to begin entering information for your forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

To prepare forms 1099 or W-2 in TurboTax Business, save your open return and start a new return.

1. Click on Start a New return
  2. On the next page, click on Prepare W-2s and 1099s
  3. On the next page, you will then be given a choice between preparing your forms Online or using your desktop.
  4. We recommend doing it online as you can e-file for free. You can still print the forms to send to your employees or contractors.
  5. Click Choose Online and you will be taken to the TurboTax Quick Employer Forms (QEF) website.
  6. Sign in with your TurboTax username and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account to create a new account. Note carefully the username and password as you need them if you need to retrieve the forms later.
  7. After signing in, click on Create New Form
  8. On the next page, choose the type of forms you wish to prepare then click Continue to begin entering information for your forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes you have to choose the option to do them Online using QEF Quick Employer Forms. If you do them using the option on your computer you can only print and mail them to the IRS.

Perfect, thank you very much!

I already e-filled thanks to your help!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies