turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone received their stimulus check on their TurboTax debit card yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes. We have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.  

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account. 

These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund. 

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS: Economic Impact Payment Information Center

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

@derekwhite

Nope because it's not going to happen. If you used the TurboTax debit card, you will NOT be getting a direct deposit. Gonna have to wait for a paper check. I am sickened by this whole thing. I've been using TurboTax for almost 20 years now and this is the last year I will be doing so

They are NOT direct depositing to TurboTax Debit cards so please stop telling people that they are. 

This is incorrect. They are depositing on turbo tax cards. Go read the updates please. 

I have. They aren't. If you entered your direct deposit information when you file with TurboTax then you'll get it back but if you got the TurboTax debit card then you won't be getting it. I challenge you to find somebody who has

I have the turbo card and got the advance this year. Well i just went to the IRS website "get me payment" and the IRS needed my bank account info. The IRS DIDNT PUT STIMULUS ON MY TURBO CARD!!

Yep. Mine too so if you did the refund advance that they were pushing on people then you got completely screwed. I like how TurboTax hasn't bothered to tell anybody that

This is not true. I have access to my TurboTax debit card which is how I received my 2019 return, however when I checked the irs tracker, it stated that they did not have my deposit info and I had to enter bank information. I know of several people with the same situation. So if you got your return on a TurboTax debit card, I suggest you go to the irs payment tracker and update to a bank account. It would have been nice if TurboTax had this information before hand, but I know everyone is just doing their best to keep up.

You won’t have to wait for a check if you put your bank info in on the irs site, however I’m not sure how long it will take after doing that to receive it.

Yea, you guys were right! They lied! If you got the turbo card you have to input your actual bank account on IRS.gov. Personally we are done with turbo tax. First they forced us into the Turbo card and now this happens. Talk about not looking out for your customers! Especially in a time like this. Now we have to wait longer for much needed money. Now if turbo tax were getting a fee for this I bet you it would have went on their card. Since there is nothing in it for them they just decide to screw over their customers. I refuse to bring my business to a company like this. Id rather pay more for my taxes to be done snd know I'm with a company that has my back. Turbo Tax you should be ashamed and you deserve to lose all your customers. What a terrible way to treat people that are in need of this money for their families and children! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies