turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Explanation of Change Exmaples

I am amending my 1120S and an Explanation of Change form is required.  Where can I find examples of this form?  Does Turbo Tax Business support this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes. You can add the statement by entering Forms Mode, clicking Open Form, and then scrolling down and opening the Miscellaneous Statement form.

1.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You are not going to get a lot of guidance from the program in this regard and there is no actual "change form" in the program. The program will check the Amended return box on your 1120-S and K-1(s), however.

The best you can do is to enter the changes (after saving your original return under a different filename) and then use the Miscellaneous Statement form and enter line number (and Schedule, if necessary) along with the reason for the change and the amount.

Thank you tagteam for the answer.  Is there a way to add a Miscellaneous Statement form in TurboTax Business?

Yes. You can add the statement by entering Forms Mode, clicking Open Form, and then scrolling down and opening the Miscellaneous Statement form.

1.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies