turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to file Form 5472?

I'm trying to determine if I need to file form 5472 for our LLC.  Do all foreign-owned LLC need to file this form solely based on the fact that there's more than 25% of foreign ownership or there are additional requirements? Another question: does TurboTax Business advise if this form needs to be filed based on the information about the members and their contributions, etc?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Per Form 5472 Instructions, generally, a reporting corporation must file Form 5472 if it had a reportable transaction with a foreign or domestic related party

A reporting corporation is either:

• A 25% foreign-owned U.S. corporation (including a foreign-owned U.S. disregarded entity (DE)), or
  • A foreign corporation engaged in a trade or business within the United States.

A reportable transaction is:

• Any type of transaction listed in Part IV (for example, sales, rents, etc.) for which monetary consideration (including U.S. and foreign currency) was the sole consideration paid or received during the reporting corporation’s tax year; or
  • Any transaction or group of transactions listed in Part IV, if:
    • 1. Any part of the consideration paid or received was not monetary consideration, or
    • 2. Less than full consideration was paid or received. Transactions with a U.S. related party, however, are not required to be specifically identified in Parts IV and VI.

There are exceptions to reporting see page 1 of Form 5472 Instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Per Form 5472 Instructions, generally, a reporting corporation must file Form 5472 if it had a reportable transaction with a foreign or domestic related party

A reporting corporation is either:

• A 25% foreign-owned U.S. corporation (including a foreign-owned U.S. disregarded entity (DE)), or
  • A foreign corporation engaged in a trade or business within the United States.

A reportable transaction is:

• Any type of transaction listed in Part IV (for example, sales, rents, etc.) for which monetary consideration (including U.S. and foreign currency) was the sole consideration paid or received during the reporting corporation’s tax year; or
  • Any transaction or group of transactions listed in Part IV, if:
    • 1. Any part of the consideration paid or received was not monetary consideration, or
    • 2. Less than full consideration was paid or received. Transactions with a U.S. related party, however, are not required to be specifically identified in Parts IV and VI.

There are exceptions to reporting see page 1 of Form 5472 Instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Does Turbotax Business 2020 not have such a form?

@konradatwork wrote:

Does Turbotax Business 2020 not have such a form?

The TurboTax Business Edition does Not support IRS Form 5472, Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a U.S. Trade or Business

TurboTax Business Edition Forms - https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/#tax-forms

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies