Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

giovengo

Caught in loop in the business deductions

I am done with my business deductions.  However, when I get to the Home Office Summary I click done and it takes me back to the Let's write off some business expenses page. You have to hit continue and it takes Home Office Summary page.  When I click done, it takes me back to the Let's write off some business expenses page.  And you just keep looping around.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You may want to log out, clear your cookies and cache, and then log back in to see if that helps. 

Here's how:

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

A full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
giovengo

That didn't work.

If you are using the downloaded version then make sure the program is updated.  If that doesn't work do an uninstall and reinstall.  

I've indicated I want to deduct expenses rather than identify assets (under $2,000).  Turbotax is looping in asset definition even though I've declared no assets to depreciate.  I have no home office items to depreciate.  I just want to define expenses.

PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

When you choose to deduct the assets rather than take depreciation, you need to leave the Assets Being Depreciated topic and return to Home Office Expense under Business Expenses. Enter the assets you wish to expense under Other Expenses in the Home Office interview.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies