Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Is it customer service saying wait until tomorrow? 

Can’t e-file schedule C

Someone called support and the lady said wait until midnight to have the IRS to fix things. Honestly it’s all talk with no real support at all……

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same issue I have on a PC desktop version.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I made my third call to support this morning on this same issue since I was told on a earlier call last week that the issue would be resolved today once the IRS began officially accepting returns (which I knew was not going to be the case, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt).

After taking to the agent and being placed on a series of holds for 1 1/2 hours, I was transferred to supposedly a manager on the software team.  I asked if the developers were aware of the issue and if they had an estimated time to resolution.  I did not get a straight answer on either question and was told just to continue to be patient and that it might be due to a form that goes along with the Schedule C that the IRS is not ready to accept.  I had previously already checked TurboTax's form availability link for each of my schedules/forms and they are both accepted for e-file and available already.  I am getting pretty close to switching products even though I have been with Turbo tax for 15+ years due to their lack of customer support.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I'm having the same issue. I'm on windows and I also double checked that the forms were available. I called customer support twice and the first agent said it's because the irs wasn't open until the 29th for efiles basically. Which I was like okay I'll wait. I called today on the 29th because the problem is still there. There aren't any needed updates. There is nothing wrong with my return outside of the Schedule C form having problems and still no answers.

Can’t e-file schedule C

It’s the 29th, and I still cannot file my schedule C return. I called TurboTax Today and they were not able to give me an answer. Has anybody else learned something new regarding filing with a schedule C?

TRIELLLP

Can’t e-file schedule C

I'm getting the can't e-file message so I tested by deleting my Schedule C worksheet. After deleting, I went to efile, the options appeared. This needs to be fixed

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same issue

Turbo Tax Deluxe

Schedule C on my return as it always is

IRS is open to accept returns today

All forms in my return are available and are accepted by IRS

Just tried at 8:30 pm EST, Did not go through.

On my post someone suggested trying Thursday as that is usually when Turbo Tax puts out updates.

From Reading the previous posts, I will wait.  I am not sitting on hold for an hour and half just to be jerked around by incompetent CSR's.

They charge enough for this program.  Wills eriously look at switching next year after many years with Turbo Tax.

sad. just sad.  SMH

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hello everyone,

I just posted the following on another thread and am pasting what I wrote here below.  BTW I am using Desktop Home and Business as I have been for well over 10 years since TT was available:

Hello everyone.  I have the same issue and have spoken with TurboTax folks Since January 25th 2024.  I am told form 8995 is ready in both TurboTax and the IRS.  I waited till today January 29th 2024 till the IRS "Opened" even thought the Turbo Tax servers will accept eFiles to their servers until the IRS opens and then download what is on their servers once the IRS opens.  I have done a very simple experiment.  If I DO NOT import a previous return (if you had a 8995 perviously, TT will automatically download the form in the forms field assuming you will have a 8995 to fill out.  So I did a fresh return NOT AN IMPORT form a previous years' file.  So when I did this and entered everything as I did when I was getting the CANNOT eFILE Message, it would allow me to eFile.  So then, I added the 1099-NEC that then added the form 8995 along with a schedule C.  Once I did this, it gain would not allow me to eFILE!!.  I has been on the phone 5 times and have spent over 8 hours discussing this with various support folks showing them how I believe it is pointing to a return using the form 8995 and possibly the schedule C that goes hand in hand.  I did my Brother's return and he has no income to enter that would create the 8995 or schedule C thus allowing us to eFile with NO problems.  As with some of you other folks, I have been using TT for over 10 years and have always had QBI forms and schedule Cs and NEVER have had this happen.  TT even asked me to download files to them and I got an email stating it has to do with a W2 BOX 12 403B?  In my case there are NO W2s involved.  I am so frustrated with this situation and hope TT resolves this issue soon for all our sake.  BTW, form 8995 was a form that a few weeks back TT message when launched said NOT READY, but a week ago says it is ready and says so when I launch TT now.  In addition the folks at TT have said it is ready in addition to the IRS.  The IRS available form list update says ready 1/29/24 which is today.  I ill continue to update if I hear anything else as I plan to call again tomowworw per the advisor that helped my on 1/25/24.  He said to call in and my case be transferred to him so he can call me back.  Good luck to me to actually get back with him.

Can’t e-file schedule C

It is now January 29th and I’m still having the issue where TurboTax won’t allow me to e-file my return. Has anyone spoken to customer service recently or been able to file as of today? 

mtord

Can’t e-file schedule C

I have the same problem with Turbo Tax and ProSeries. Schedule C prevents efiling.

Can’t e-file schedule C

I’m going to call customer service and see if they have any updates. This is extremely frustrating. The only reason I use TurboTax is for the e-filing feature. I will post an update here if I get any helpful information

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Can’t e-file schedule C

Check back next week - filing season just opened today, so there are many forms still being updated in TurboTax.  @MandaM 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t e-file schedule C

The Schedule C issue is a known issue and we have been assured they are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Can’t e-file schedule C

I am getting that as well

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies