turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I hire you to do my self employed tax return and does the money come out of my stimulus check

I need turbo tax to get hat I deserve from my self employed tax return and receive the Max on my return. Do you get paid from the check that I receive from stimulus check.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I hire you to do my self employed tax return and does the money come out of my stimulus check

TT is a DIY program and if you use the ONLINE version you must upgrade to the Self Employed version ... and if you want additional assistance you can also upgrade to the LIVE option for one on one guidance but they will NOT complete the return for you they will only advise you. 

And the TT fees can only be withheld from a federal income tax return ... they cannot be withheld from the state refund or the stimulus check. 

Thanks for that answer. But will they take all that I owe them from the federal tax money. So I don't have to come out of pocket

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they will take the fees out of your refund if:  1) you agree to it 2) your refund is large enough 3) your refund is processed in a timely manner -  if the refund is not processed by that date that TT specifies the fees are to be paid you agree that TT can take the fees out of your bank a/c or charge your credit card.    before doing this they will email you to let you know.  you can request that TT delay that but it's really up to them.  

Your federal income tax refund and your stimulus check are not related in any way.  Nothing can be deducted from your stimulus check except past due child support.

Be aware that if you choose refund processing and have the TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, you are also going to be charged an extra "refund processing fee" of $39.99 ($44.99 in CA) for having a third party bank extract the fees from the refund and send the rest to you.  So your refund has to be enough to cover the TT fees and that extra processing fee.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies