turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Balance Sheet Assets Don't Reflect Sale of Property

Our partnership sold a building during the year. I went through the screens for asset sold during the year and the gain on the sale shows on the return. However, the total assets on the balance sheet do not reflect the sale of the building. Beginning and ending Buildings and Other Depreciable Assets show the same number. Shouldn't buildings total for end of year have gone down?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

You have to do the balance sheet manually because you need to increase your cash to account for the sale......your BUIDLING should show $0 at year end and cash increased by the same amount after taking deprecation into account. Not sure if you had a loan that was paid off with the sale but you need to adjust that also. 

Yes, I understand cash is manual. Just thought the building would flow through automatically since it's on depreciation schedules, etc.

jimb9263

I am having the same issue. Every other year the sold assets would come off the balance sheets assets but this year they are not. There is definitely a software glitch with the calcualtion on year end assets. I called to see if there was a fix for it but they misunderstood my question and gave me the wrong info. I am just going to re-calculate it manually and enter it unless anyone knows of another solution

HTDR

I've having the same problem when adding new assets, they do not show up on the balance sheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies