Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 stimulus check

Do we have to sign up for this check or will it automatically go into the account we used for taxes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2020 stimulus check

@govea1991 

If you need to just update your direct deposit information, see the following from the IRS.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

2020 stimulus check

If you filed a 2019 federal tax return, and received a refund by direct deposit, your stimulus payment will be deposited into the same account. No further action needs to be taken.  If you have not filed for 2019, or did not receive a refund for 2019, but did in 2018 the payment will be deposited into the account used in 2018.  If you did not receive a refund by direct deposit in 2018 or 2019, then the payment will be mailed to you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
govea1991
Returning Member

2020 stimulus check

I have a question. I've filed my taxes with Turbo for the past three years. I've recently switched to a different bank. Is there anyway I can get my stimulus check sent here or change my account information some way? 

2020 stimulus check

@govea1991 

If you need to just update your direct deposit information, see the following from the IRS.

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

govea1991
Returning Member

2020 stimulus check

I received my refund this year but I recently changed banks. Therefore I do not have the same account number. How am I able to change the account number?

2020 stimulus check

@govea1991 wrote:

I received my refund this year but I recently changed banks. Therefore I do not have the same account number. How am I able to change the account number?

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

govea1991
Returning Member

2020 stimulus check

Is there a specific link? I have gone through the entire website and have yet to find a link to it.

2020 stimulus check

Hi I filed for free on turbo tax and got my refund on the turbo card, with no refund advance or fees, will the stimulus check go on the turbo card? Thank u!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies