Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

1065x amended return

I saw that this year (2019 taxes) the IRS has enabled efiling amended returns. How do I efile an amended 1065?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

1065x amended return

You can e-file amended returns (after checking the amended return box) for certain returns, such as Forms 1041, 1065, 1120-S.

Forms 1120X and 1065X need to be printed and mailed with TurboTax Business.

ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

1065x amended return

I clicked the box and when I go to efile it says it was already efiled. Can you explain in more detail how to efile an amended return for a 1065?

1065x amended return

@ihavesomequestions I believe I was mistaken with respect to e-file support in TurboTax Business; the capability has not yet been implemented. You will have to print and mail your amended 1065.

ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

1065x amended return

Do you know if they will be adding it in an update?

1065x amended return

I am not at all certain. They just recently added the ability to e-file a 1040-X in the personal products. 

Carl
Level 15

1065x amended return

You don't have time to "wait and see" if e-file for an amended 1065 will be available or not. Since the extension deadline for a 1065 is Sept 15th, (oct 15 for a *PERSONAL* 1040 return) you need to quit hoping and print the amended 1065, sign it and mail it. I realize this is not an extension. But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

1065x amended return

@Carl wrote:

But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

Carl, it is TurboTax that turns that off.  The IRS e-file system for business returns (such as Form 1065) is usually open until December, then opens back up in mid-January (and accepts the 2 previous year's of tax returns).

MSC2020
Returning Member

1065x amended return

I am trying to efile and ammended Form 1065.  The initial efiling was accepted and I received the confirmation email:

Your 2021 Federal Partnership filing was accepted by the IRS.

Now, I am trying to efile the ammended 1065X and when I try to do this I only see a meesage that says:

"Not Eligible for E-filing" with another statement that my Federal Return was accepted on 3/7/22 (today's attempt to efile the ammended return is 3/10/22)

Is there a way to e-file the ammended Form 1065 return, which shows as Form 1065X?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

1065x amended return

No, you cannot e-file an amended form 1065, you must mail it in.

@MSC2020

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GoldenBunny
Returning Member

1065x amended return

What is the address to mail the amendment? Do all K-1 need to be included in the mail?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies